What is true wealth?
what does it really mean to be rich?
can money truly buy happiness and how can we create the first and most beneficial set of wealth?
“It is impossible to escape the impression that people commonly use false standards of measurement — that they seek power, success, and wealth for themselves and admire them in others, and that they underestimate what is of true value in life.”
“Rich people have small TVs and big libraries, and poor people have small libraries and big TVs.”
― Zig Ziglar
“Being rich is not about how much money you have or how many homes you own; it’s the freedom to buy any book you want without looking at the price and wondering if you can afford it.” ― John Waters,
“Don’t Gain The World & Lose Your Soul, Wisdom Is Better Than Silver Or Gold.” ― Bob Marley
My ”on the fly” definition of wealth is:
“Being able to be who you truly are, while doing the things you love, creating a situation where making money from your ”job” is not work while sharing your riches and failures with the people you love finally understanding and fully living life. Through easy and difficult moments.”
Who doesn’t want to make money, be financially independent, have a big house, pay the bills without stress and be able to buy the things he wants, when he wants, while ultimately giving the desired lifestyle? We have all thought about it and we shouldn’t feel guilt. It’s mostly our choice to control the environment and decision we make to live the lives we want. For some, the desired life is one of peace and stability, of medium profits and a steady life till the end focusing on other things, a quiet life without many risks. Other might aspire to earn a great salary, income from different places, while enjoying the finer things in life, moneywise. A very expensive car, a 5-star hotel, a two-month vacation etc.
Although this is great and I totally agree with either choice, it is very important in the second category that in the process of our ”Hustlin” we must not lose sight of the things that truly matter.
- Our character,
- our ideals,
- our values,
- our mission,
- our family and friends,
- the things we love to do,
- in short, what makes us who we are.
Because those are the things that money can’t buy. And apart from that in a realistic perception the economy is unstable, there is inflation and deflation all the time, the currency can always be devalued etc. But a person who knows how to be strong, self-reliant and economically knowledgeable will be able to make money in any given situation.
”A man who was given a million dollars, is somebody who has a million dollars. A man who made his own million dollars is a million dollar man. Even if you took away his money he would find a way to make them again”
With all that being said and after I’m done quoting Rocky in Rocky 4, I will state my personal opinion on why, despite the huge importance of money and riches in our life, we must first invest in our true personal wealth.
”Adrian: And for that you’re willing to lose everything?
Rocky: Adrian this isn’t everything. The house, the cars and everything we got. That ain’t everything. There’s a lot more than this, Adrian.”
Building True Wealth is not easy and it will probably expand to the end of your lifetime but creating your inner and outer kingdom is the most important thing. That consists of:
Empowering the Ego, the self, the I. I’m a big advocate of building your best self in not only a gift to you but your truest expression to the world surrounding you.
I’m a big advocate of building your best self is not only a gift to you but your truest and purest expression to the world surrounding you. By this core value, we can move further and assembly true wealth.
- Being healthy. Having a strong mind, body, gut, hormones, being emotionally, mentally and spiritually healthy trying to face our fears, insecurities and avoid stress. That means investing in your nutrition, your diet, having and all around good food. Taking the time to train and exercise your fitness either in the gym or in a sport. Finally having your health and blood work checked every 6 to 12 months.
- Knowledge. Attaining as much knowledge as possible in areas you are interested in and filling your brain with information that will aid you. As an extend, schooling is very important. Going to university/college is vital to a person’s progress. In addition buy books, read articles, watch videos, attend seminars and try to have a mentor. Your apprenticeship may come in the form of pay-to-get meeting, skype calls, or videos, articles etc.
- Time is the most important asset and the only we actually control. Use your time wisely. Spend it on things that will ascend your personality and advance your game.
- Mission. Going after the thing you are most passionate about and giving it everything you got making it your top priority.
- Relationships. Family, sexual relationships, friendships, work relationships, the relationship you have with your pet(if you have one) etc. Being able to utilize the benefits of such relationship and giving your best the situation at hand while making sure you enhance it and not leading it to its decay. We all have been there with being over jealous with our girlfriend/boyfriend, rude to our parents, mad at our friends.
- Empowering others, and helping the world as much as possible for being you and doing your best. Helping your family and caring for them, being a good friend listening to your buddy’s problems, a mentor teaching something to somebody, a student learning new things, a good husband/wife in your marriage, a nice and gentle boss, a hard working employee etc.